Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Circus Party ideas

Here are some of the many piles of my shopping addiction! I spent about 4 months shopping for the party and about a week doing the actual work to put it all together. Really I had 1 day to get it all set up! Great places to shop for this theme and many others... $$$ Dollar stores, Dollar Tree was my best friend, Target $1 bin, HOBBY LOBBY- has the entire Carnival/Circus theme, Michaels, Oriental Trading-tons of stuff and great prices on large suckers, Ebay and Etsy.
Tissue Pom Pom Balls: I made these using Walmart tissue paper. Comes with 8 sheets. I used 10-12 sheets for the large balls. You need 5-10 sheets cut down in size for the smaller balls. Here is a great tutorial I found to show you step by step how easy this is to DIY!

My Centerpieces: Plastic popcorn holders, animals-target $1 bin, Suckers- oriental Trading, Batons- Michaels, marsh mellow peanuts, noise makers and clown ornament.
DUM DUM tree: Such a great gift for Christmas or fun decoration to keep out all the time. I have it out for Christmas now! Styrofoam ball took 4 small bags of dum dums from the $ store or 2 large bags. Some kind of weighted bottom. It becomes very top heavy. I used wood dowel sticks for the stem.

My step dad built this from an idea I found on http://karaspartyideas.com/ She did an Awesome Circus party for her boys that I just fell in love with.
I really got a lot of ideas from her.
Before Picture!

After I painted it and decorated it!
CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE to see my labels I made for the candy buffet! I bought a digital kit off of Etsy for $10 and I used it to make my own lables and personalize everything. I even used the papers from the kit for the invitations. Alot of the kit has to be printed which can get very costly so I used a lot of my own paper and just printed out as little elements as possible.
I get a lot of my fonts fromhttp://kevinandamanda.com/ or http://dafont.com/
Candy from $$$$Store and OT


I printed the happy birthday from this kit and I made the E M M Y to match it.
personalized placemat to match party decor. Check under my accessories listing for more placemat options.
my photo booth: Science Fair board with fabric on the back and I made a little awning with fabric.
I made these party hats...if you would like the template to make your own hats, email me and I will send you a copy of my template. Fun!

Great way to show of your fancy silverware!
I collected fabric with bright colors for months. Here are a few I found and used around on the tables, for the birthday outfit and for some of the pendent banners I made.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh!!!! Kami I am so inlove with this party and REALLY want to plan to do it for Caden's third bday which is 14 months away. Did u have any stuff left over u would want to sell? Can I rent the ticket and photo booths from u? Overall what do u think it would cost? I want to start gathering items now to b ready next year. U r SO creative!! Thx for sharing and b sure to enter me in the drawing!! I also commented in FB! :)

    Jere

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this party!! How did you make the "popcorn" cupcakes??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I really love to read them all and will respond to any questions as soon as I can. To order, please email, kbcustomdesigns@gmail.com

Thanks, Kami

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...