Friday, March 4, 2011

CUTE St Patrick's Day treats!

Shamrock Snacks
I found at Sun Scholar! So fun for kids!


Aren't these cute?! She came across the idea in Family Fun Magazine. HERE
is the link to the FamilyFun.com directions. She outlined step by step with pictures below! How neat is that???

Ingredients:
- Pkg of Yogurt Pretzels
- White Chocolate Chips (I used about 1/2 a bag, or 1 cup)
- Green Frosting (I made my own, using a great recipe from Allrecipes.com found HERE)
- Green Sprinkles

Directions:
1) Place about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in a glass dish, and microwave for 30 seconds at about 50% power. Stir. Do this two or three times, until you are able to completely melt the chips. DO NOT OVER HEAT!

You should be able to stir the chocolate smooth and free of lumps.

2) Line a surface or baking sheet with wax paper.

3) Dip the bottom half of a pretzel in the melted chocolate, making sure each side is nicely coated. Place the pretzel onto your wax paper.

4) Repeat Step 3 with the second and third pretzels, laying each to form the shape of a shamrock.

5) If you have broken pretzels, you can use them for the stem of your shamrock. If not, you can carefully cut pretzels like we did below.

6) Dip the end of the shamrock stems into the melted chocolate, and put into place on the wax paper.

Here is what your shamrocks will look like when assembled. Some of them, we chose to lay the stem flat, while others (like this one below) we had placed so that it stood off of the wax paper.

And we thought we'd try to to make some four-leaf clovers while we were at it... of course, right?

7) Time to mix up some frosting! I used a great Sugar Cookie Icing recipe from Allrecipes.com, found HERE. I like this frosting because it sets hard, and is easy to whip up. I doubled the recipe, and found that I had twice as much frosting as I needed. So if you use one package of yogurt pretzels, you can expect to follow the recipe as it is written.
Icing Recipe:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- we added green food color

I added it to a piping bag with a small tip, but you could just as easily use a Ziploc bag and cut a small tip off of the corner.

8) Outline your shamrocks with the icing. Add your sprinkles soon after, before the frosting begins to set!


And there you have it! A fun St. Patty's day snack!



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my Shamrock Snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your valuable labor on this web page. You have a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read so many posts on the topic, This is fastidious article, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. Nice task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very pleased to find this net site. Thanks to your time for this glorious learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! Great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I really love to read them all and will respond to any questions as soon as I can. To order, please email, kbcustomdesigns@gmail.com

Thanks, Kami

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...