Monday, December 28, 2009

Cute idea from j-a-girl.blogspot.com

Teacher Gifts!

Go out and find the cheapest bottle of hand sanitizer, lotion, or bottled soap that you can find. I was at Target, and I'm pretty sure I could have found something cheaper. I wasn't in the mood to go somewhere else. Hence, the $1.79 hand sanitizer. I like this idea because germs are everywhere when you're a teacher. I keep a keg of this stuff on my desk. Yes, a keg.

The hardest part of this whole elaborate project is getting the stickers off the bottle. When you purchase it, make sure there's nothing printed ONTO the bottle. Everything must be removable. Most are, but just check. The bottle on the right is the "cleaned" product. I simply peel it off. Whatever doesn't come off clean gets some Goo-off or Goo-B-Gone on it. Just wipe the oil off with some Windex or something before you move on.
Now for the easy part. Decorate it. I have tried rub-ons, stickers, small tags, and ribbons. You choose!


The one on the right (below) is the first one I did, and I used soap. I have since come to like the sanitizer option better (plus I like that it's a clear bottle), but you can do whatever you like.
So there you have it. A tutorial AND a teacher's gift idea. Maybe you're lucky, and you live in a district where parents don't care about teachers. ;-) If, however, you live in my district, you'll either present that teacher with a V-day gift or be black-listed by all the hot moms in mini-vans! Choose wisely!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea! I will use this when my daughter goes to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your ideas!!! They are so stinkin' cute! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I really love to read them all and will respond to any questions as soon as I can. To order, please email, kbcustomdesigns@gmail.com

Thanks, Kami

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...