I found this cute valentine wreath made out of cupcake liners. I love her blog. Go take a look!
I was reading Martha Stewart last month (I think) and they had these giant Christmas balls made out of cupcake liners. And I thought to myself - maybe I could use cupcake liners to make a wreath for Valentine's Day...
I love the texture of the liners. After a little trial and error, this is what I came up with.
I found some cupcake liners at Hobby Lobby. I really wanted polka dot ones but couldn't find any at any of the stores around here.
Then I found this little wreath 8-inch at the Dollar Store.
The first thing I did was wrap the entire wreath with ribbon that I had left over from Christmas. I wrapped it tightly around the wreath form.
Then I put a dot of hot glue on the front of the wreath and attached a cupcake liner. I bunched the liner up at the bottom by pressing all of the side together like a flower. Then I pressed that down on to the wreath form. and held it for a few seconds until the hot glue cooled off. I attached about 9 more to that section, pressing them tightly together.
I worked in small sections, leaving space in between each section. I found that if I tried to do too big of a section at once, that the glue would activate the cooled glue at the base of the other liners and make the whole thing unstable. By working in small sections and leaving space between, it allowed the glue to completely cool and the sections to stabilize.
Once I worked my way all the way around the wreath, I then went back and filled in the bare sections. For my 8 inche wreath, I used about 100 wrappers.
I was going to attach liners to the inside and outside of the wreath, but I found that they stuck out more than I thought they would and I thought the two inside sections would meet and then it wouldn't look like a wreath, but more like a ball. I actually like it this way because the ribbon shows and it is a nice contrast.
Once the wreath was filled in, I took a white cupcake liner and bunched it the same way, then I took the top of the liner and fanned it out like a flower. I put a dab of hot glue at the base of the liner and stuck it in one side of the wreath. Then I took a polka dotted scrapbook brad and attached some hot glue to the bottom and put it in the center of the flower.
The last thing I did was turn the wreath over and attach a length of ribbon to the back of each side of the wreath. Then I hung it up!
It puts a smile on my face!